I was contemplating on what to make for a birthday treat for my hubby when I found this recipe from a pamphlet I had in my recipe goodie bag. I decided to make Magic Cookie Bars from the Eagle Brand group of recipes. This is a very good idea for someone with a sweet tooth. I liked it and chose to change the order a little bit with the same results.
Magic Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips. ( I used 1 cup butter scotch morsels and 1 cup chocolate chips)
- 1 1/3 cups of flaked coconut
- 1 cup of chopped nuts. ( I used walnuts)
- 1 (14oz) can of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk – (any other brand will do)
- Preheat oven to 350º F degrees or 325º F for glass dish.
- In a 9×13 inch baking pan, melt butter in oven.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter
- Mix the chocolate chips, butter scotch morsels, coconut and nuts. Layer over the graham crackers.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the mix until it seeps through.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool and then cut into bars. Enjoy! Store at room temperature.
Don’t forget to share!