Delicious rice dish with pork and pineapple.
- 1b boneless pork loin chops- used half a pound pork tenderloin.
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce – used the Lawry’s Teriyaki with pineapple juice
- 1 box 6.2 oz RICE-A-RONI® Fried Rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2T butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 oz) can pineapple chunks in juice, reserve 1/4 cup juice
- 1 cup slices carrots – used 2 whole carrots
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted – did not toast.
1. In a small bowl combine pork and teriyaki sauce; set aside
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and sauté rice-vermicelli mix and onion until vermicelli is golden brown.
3. Slowly stir in 1 cup water, 1/4 cup pineapple, carrots, pork mixture and special seasonings (in the RICE-A-RONI® box) ; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer 15-20 minutes or until the rice is tender and pork is no longer pink inside.
4. Stir in pineapple chunks. Cover; let stand. 5 minutes just before serving, sprinkle with almonds.
Source- Favourite Brand Name 3 books in 1 (one dish, slow cooker, casseroles cookbooks)
Recipe suggests that steak or chicken may also be used.
I had never used butter to sauté rice. I will definitely make this the standard routine.
Scrumplicious rating – 10/10. This definitely passed the test. Who thought you could have pineapple and rice. Yummy!